Rangacharlu Memorial Hall

Built to commemorate the services of a great Dewan, the foundation stone of this Graeco-Roman edifice was laid by Maharaja Chamarajendra Wodeyar in April, 1884.The elevation is dominated by a projecting frontage of Corinthian grand-columns, in four pairs, topped off with a heavy entablature of multiple mouldings and a pediment containing an intricately carved motif. Roman arched windows with pilasters, louvered window shutters and sun-rise glazing, adorn the fa├žade of a double-height hall with balconies on either side. Cast-iron parapets vary the lines on the sides