Fire breaks out at godown in Nanjangud

Feb 5, 2018

Mysuru: A fire broke out at a godown at Vinayak Nagar in Nanjngud town on Sunday noon. The godown belonged to local businessman Nasir.

Beds and pillows stocked in the godown have been burnt. Nasir’s bike which he had parked inside the godown has also been gutted.

Before the fire tenders could reach the spot, the fire spread to the adjacent houses damaging wooden furnitures, television set and other items in them. There could have been more damage had the people residing next to the shed not shifted LPG cylinders out of their houses and tried to douse off the fire by pouring water till the time fire tenders arrived.

Meanwhile, two fire tenders which arrived at the spot managed to bring the fire under control within few minutes.

Nanjangud MLA Kalale Keshavamurthy visited the spot and assured compensation for the loss. Nanjangud police and fire service department authorities are verifying the cause for the fire accident.