Fire at Mysuru Palace Varaha gate reduces ticketing counter to ashes

May 12, 2017

Mysuru: The Royal City of Mysuru woke up to a shocking scene of fire at the ‘Varaha’ entrance of the palace, on Friday morning.

Thick dark smoke was seen emanating from the ticketing counter at the Varaha gate here and within no time the entire counter and kiosks nearby were reduced to ashes destroying all the documents and valuables inside the ticketing counter.

The alert locals intimated the firefighters who instantly plunged into action and doused off the fire. It is said that an ATM battery blast may have caused the fire here. The ATM located next to the ticketing counter was loaded with Rs five lakhs in cash on Thursday evening, it is said.

Palace ACP Shailendra and others inspected the spot.

This is the second fire mishap reported in the palace premise.

Case has been registered.