1 2 3

Mysore

BusinessDirectory

Movies

 

In Detail

Three youths were electrocuted and four severely injured in Kyathamaranahalli on Thursday night when a 25-foot display board they were putting up for the Dr B R Ambedkar birth anniversary celebrations came in contact with an electric wire.
Manikanta (21), a Group D worker of the Mysuru City Corporation, Shivanna aka Shivu (25) a tile worker, and Kumara (26) a painter, died on the spot while Sanjay, Jashwanth, Kumara and Shivakumar were treated for burn injuries in KR Hospital.
According to Shekar, a resident of the locality, youths have been celebrating Ambedkar Jayanti for the past 20 years. Every year, they erect a display board at the junction of Dodda Gadiyara Road in AK Colony and set up a huge stage 50 metres away for cultural programmes.This year, the youths decided to have a grand programme and increased the display board size from the regular 15ft with wooden frame to a 25-foot one with a metal frame. The youths erected a wooden scaffolding to put up the board.
Around 9.30pm Thursday, the youths began erecting the board and the metal frame touched the live electric wire.

For More...